Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 June 2013

Adios...

Today is my last day in Goa... I woke up with a severe headache but damn the headache! I took a shower before even brushing my teeth and poof! it (the headache) hasn't gone...lol. 
But gone with Go-Goa-gone will be the few encounter i've had the privilege (smirk) while i was in Goa with some over-enthusiastic Indian tourists daring to come up to me and asking me for a click with 'em in the most politest way i ever come across... an offer i can't simply refuse...hagaga
Well, after the click what usually follows is always dramatic, they say "Thank you" faking a big grin with 32 plus teeth they fake to have and that's not the end, they often continues "Which country are you from?" I hate to answer that not because it feels like i'm a stranger in my own country but the frustration my answer has caused upon their 'awhile-ago-glowing faces'. That's because i always ended up telling 'em I-N-D-I-A which they least expected to hear. Some takes that answer in a lighter vein and laugh it off instantly but other fumes and still cursed the people who has nothing to do with this: Chinese and Nepalis. It's time they becomes the scape-goat :D or let me, in my own whimsical thought, put it this way- 'killing two birds with one stone' but causing no injury whatsoever to anyone.
If I lied to them a pic or two of mine may be in their PC or frame-d and hanging on their walls with clearly visible "with foreigner(s) in Goa" written on it. (Just going the extra mile of my wild imagination). The name 'Goa' may conjured up images of sandy beaches, firangi tourists sashaying half-naked, music, party & the wild wild west images but for someone like me who can't make fast friends... you should be thankful i didn't attempt to commit suicide to escape boredom :D

Forget about what people brouhaha about Goa, it seems to me this is where the rich and the famous and people who can afford takes some time out/off away from a billion paparazzi (the former) and their busy/ tumultuous life (the latter) to have the 'me time' and unwind and woke up the next day with a hammering hang-over. In the midst of all the extravagant parties and hullabaloo people deep down inside are as lonely. People who comes for solace gets high in a frenzy and the next day when the pleasures are all gone they are back to square one, solace is so less to find here on earth. It's the memories of the few hours of being away from what they want to run away that they take home with them and walking down those memory lane gave them solace but with the gust of wind this too can go away...
Last night I went for a 10:00 pm show of 'Yamala Pagala Deewana II' not of my own accord but the occupant of an apartment where i put up for few days before i leave make an impromptu plan to watch this movie. Funny, few days ago when my bro & a visitor friend from Delhi was here i told them without batting an eye-lid that I'll never watch the movie even for free. My companion, a friend and batch-mate of my bro, the new CASO Goa airport hailing from Rajasthan wants to watch it badly. The manager of the Z Square, a multiplex in Vasco, reserved two 'executive class' seats in the bigger screen where Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Yeh Jaawani hai Deewani' was to be screened but the boss has the final word.
He laughed like a kiddo at the slapstick comedy of the father-sons combo Hindi film has to offer ( the comedy rather dry to me who had a good run with the likes of 'MYL', Big Bang, HIMYM & the Simpsons). But in all fairness it's just not the content of the film that makes him unleash his 'most kept secrets' in office & in 'Bharat ka fauz' set-up but the fun of being an ordinary human being in the dim theatre where you can laugh away without anyone noticing. For the indians (mayang), a movie should be purely entertainment and should make you laugh and forget your worries after a hard day's work. The irony is every new day has its own worries... the saga of life after Goa & it's temporary solace continues......

2 comments:

  1. after reading your poems and short notes of your life in Goa....I've no words how to express my feelings about your writings except a big "WOW"..i'm loving it!!....sim nop nop aum lheh jenge...sopy

    ReplyDelete