Search This Blog

Wednesday 3 July 2013

I may be gone before you're gone...

From a river to a brook
I've come a long way.
I'd been here before you came.
Watered the crops you grow in your fields and farm.
Cleanse you off your filth and the stains on your robe.
I'd done my best in bad times and in good times.

From Patlen to Tuitha
I'd glided down vales and hills;
Pass by few villages I know once as fond.
Your cattle flocks I bathed them and quench their thirst.
My sole companion the fishes you robbed me off.
I'd been gentle on your land and crops when there was flood.

Alas! What have I done to deserve this?
You robbed me even off the stones and pebbles that doth my path.
And stripped me stark naked and bare.
The gurgling music I chanted on my way down now unheard.
I've no more nerve to go on but I've to serve.
Like tears I now flow in small volume and in agony.

I've none to care for me.
Not a single soul not even one.
Soon I'll have no more tears to shed.
And dwindled away to obscurity.
I was here before you came
I may be gone before you're gone...

No comments:

Post a Comment